Identification of the needs and characteristics of the elderly with ID*
The first output of the project is the identification of the needs and specific characteristics of the elderly with ID.
The objective of this output is to draw a map that clearly indicates:
- the kind of bio-psycho-social needs that the group of the elderly with ID have
- the main characteristics of the elderly with ID and the differences between those and the common characteristics of the entire age group
- the technical skills that professionals working with the elderly with ID have to acquire
- the most appropriate ergonomic and cognitive accessibility adaptations to respond to the identified needs.
VET centers, entities and associations that work with people with disabilities will benefit from the collected information the most.
* ID stands for Intellectual Disabilities